There is nothing in this world like welcoming a new life into your family.
And while every labor and delivery story is special, giving birth in the middle of a global pandemic, well that’s a completely different experience.
With so many unknowns, what should be a joyous milestone can easily turn into a stressful and scary reality.
Whether you’re a first time or an experienced mom. Whether you’ll be delivering vaginally or via C-Section. Whether alone or with your support system. We can all find comfort in knowing God is not panicked or unprepared for this next chapter of our stories.
This may not have been a part of your original birthing plans, but there’s still a beautiful, indescribable ending waiting for you.
Soon you’ll be able to hear and touch and see God’s goodness perfectly packaged in your arms.
So if fear and doubt tries to creep into your heart, remind yourself that the same God who saw it fit to bless you with a child in this season, is the same God who will continually be by your side.
He’ll be with you during this pandemic. He’ll be with you at every prenatal appointment. He’ll be with you as you give birth. And He’ll be with you in the years to come.
No, you are not alone, sweet mama!
And just in case you need a reminder, here are a few promises to silence those anxious thoughts and nervous emotions.
Scriptures to Comfort an Expectant Mom’s Heart
- “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.” Psalms 23:4
- “…be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”” Matthew 28:20
- “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8
- “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.“ 1 Peter 5:7
- “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you;” Psalm 55:22
- “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.” Psalms 46:1
- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:3-4
- “The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade…The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.” Psalms 121:5, 7-8