If reading “Why God Keeps Interrupting My Shopping Sprees” nudged your heart in anyway, then I’d like to invite you to join me on The 30 Day Money Saving Challenge.
I know starting something new can be overwhelming but the challenge is really simple. For the next 30 days, let’s commit to:
- Set a weekly cash budget and not exceed that spending limit…unless it’s a life or death situation.
- No credit cards and no debit cards. (Because when’s the last time you tracked EVERY SINGLE TIME you swiped on your debit card?…exactly!)
- No unnecessary spending…not even if there’s an amazing sale.
- No impulsive shopping.
- No retail therapy.
- DIY whenever possible (like DIY hairdos, manicures, and pedicures to name a few)
- Bring a bag lunch to work.
- Home cook meals, instead of dining out…unless someone else is treating of course.
- Make a list whenever we do have to shop, and STICKING to the list once we get to the store.
- Sign up to receive our free annual credit report to get a true indication of our credit health.
- Actively look for ways to reduce spending (like coupons, canceling services we don’t absolutely need, attending free events, etc.)
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!
These are just a few quick and easy lifestyle changes that will benefit us spiritually, physically, and financially.
The goal isn’t perfection or to stop spending money completely. The goal is to develop more self-control and to be more discipline with our shopping habits.
Throughout the 30 days, I’ll post more practical money saving tips and encouragement on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
And I’ll be looking for comments and pictures from your journey as well! Just be sure to use the hashtag #30daymoneychallenge
Some days will be easier than others but I’m excited to see how much money we can keep in our purses and wallets. Most importantly, I’m excited to see how this challenge will help change our spending patterns for the long haul.
So before we find another sale, let the savings begin!